Enpowerment Halfway House
A safe sober living home for women and children in Florida, for those who are striving to live a life free from addiction.
Foundations To Freedom provides Case Management services in all houses. Each woman will have an assigned Case Manager during her stay to assist in all areas of her recovery and daily living. Case Managers create an individual case plan for each client where they identify each client’s needs and which services will benefit the client to sustain long term recovery. This includes everything from HIV to Hepatis C testing and treatment, job placement/career services, addiction/mental health/trauma counseling, medical care, assistance in obtaining medical insurance, childcare, and family unification.
The Women and Children’s Program at Empowerment house is a Community Residence providing a confidential, safe, supportive and substance-free home setting where women ages 18 and up can maintain sobriety while achieving their individual goals of sobriety, self-sufficiency and family resilience. Services are provided to individual women as well as mothers with children or women who are pregnant. Mothers can bring up to two children under the age of 8, census permitting.
• Designed for women: Strengths-based approach to overcome trauma
• Relapse prevention: Sober living; 12-step programs; addiction counseling; support groups
• Sound mind and spirit: Therapy and specialized psychiatric care for adults and children; emotional/behavioral/developmental screenings; meditation area; exercise room; yoga
• Physical health: Partnerships with primary care; HIV testing; prenatal education
• Family bonding: Mommy and Me activities; parenting classes; family therapy to strengthen attachments; playground
• Advocacy: Assistance with court/parole/probation/custody obligations; support for reunification
• Independent living: Training; employment assistance; housing placement; alumnae groups